Senior Unix System Administration
If you have been looking for permanent employees for a while, then you know that Unix System Administrators looking for new job opportunities are seldom right now. On the contrary, current System Administrators are looking for none sysadmin jobs. You have projects to be completed, but your staff is already so busy that your backlog is getting huge! We can help!
If you need someone to work with you for 3-6 months, we can help you run your computing environment on a day-to-day basis, too. Convenient flat monthly rates available for contracts longer than 4 months.
What experience can IT3 Consultants offer you?
- Unix systems and Local Area Networking integration, management, consulting, and support.
- Over 15 years of experience in communications and operating systems support and development.
- In-depth understanding of heterogeneous computing and communications systems, Internet access and security, Unix internals, hardware/software interfaces, project management, client management, systems management and customer support.
- MySQL and Oracle basic administration knowledge.
- HP Serviceguard cluster configuration/installation and maintenance (on HP-UX and GNU/Linux systems), including
- Campus cluster
- Metro Cluster
- Disaster Tolerant Cluster (or Continental cluster)
- In-depth knowledge on the following hardware platforms and Operating Systems:
- PA-RISC and IA64 (Hewlett-Packard), HP/UX 11.00, 11i, 11.23 and 11.31
- Linux 2.4, 2.6 and 3.x (IA32/64, AMD/Opteron, ec2 AWS)
- SPARC (SUN Microsystems), Solaris 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10
- RS/6000 (IBM), AIX
- Intel (IA32), Windows 2003/8, Solaris/x86, BSD UNIXes, Linux
- CISCO routers, Cisco IOS (basic configurations)
- HPs XP, HP 3Par and EVA storage boxes
- EMC2 storage boxes
- Building software packages (including patch bundles) for HP-UX, Solaris and Linux
- Implementing backup and restore solutions (HP Data Protector, Bareos, and many others)
- Developing and/or implementing Security Policies
- Implementing firewall software according Security Policies (Firewall-I, Open Source solutions)
- Support Services and Consultancy on Relax and Recover (Rear)